Last Updated: June 4th, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
What Information Do We Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us – We only have access to and collect personal information (such as your name, date of birth, social security number, credit card number, mailing or billing address, telephone number, or email address, and email preferences (collectively, “Personal Information”) that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
- Information Collected by Automated Means – Whenever you use the Site, we, as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Site, and the website you visited immediately before the Site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information helps us to keep the Site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers – In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our Site. We also may use this information to send you targeted advertisements and to enhance the Site. We may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
The technologies used on the Site, including Device Identifiers, to collect Usage Information may include, without limitation:
- Web Beacons – We may also include web beacons (also known as web bugs, Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels and clear GIFs) with the content and ads that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with our content and ads. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Cookies and web beacons (together, “Site Cookies”) may enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site, track user actions/behavior on our Site and track the effectiveness of ads.
Please note that ReachLocal retains the ability to access all information that is retained in the ReachLocal Platform for purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment.
If you have any questions regarding ReachLocal and/or the Advertising Cookies, you are encouraged to contact ReachLocal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use two products to analyze activity on our site. We use ReachLocal’s tracking technology and/or Google Analytics to understand how users use our site so as to enhance the user experience on our Site. If you wish to opt-out of ReachLocal’s tracking technologies, go to http://www.reachlocal.com/trackingopt-out, and if you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will also use your information as follows:
- Registration – A user may need to first complete a registration form in order to use the Site. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our Site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders – We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to contact you.
- Surveys and contests – From time-to-time, our Site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site.
- Customer Service – Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this Policy.
- Chat – Our Site may use chat functionality to enable direct communication with you through our Site. We will primarily use such information to assess your needs and to gain your contact information so that we may contact you to further discuss our products and/or services.
Do We Share Your Information?
We will not trade, rent, share or sell your Personal Information to third parties unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
Unless you ask or provide your consent to do so, we will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than with our service providers, including as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
We will disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our policies; enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our Site or third parties. In addition, if Simply Residential or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by us through the Site and through other means and services provided by us would be among the transferred assets.
Your Privacy Rights — Access to and Control Over Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at the email address or phone number given on our Site. We do not charge for this service, and your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our Site:
- See what data we have about you; if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Notify us if you do not want us to share your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes.
How to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising
You can set most web browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies, though either of those actions may affect the use of our Site. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information. To do so please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (via opting out), you will still see advertisements while you are browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The DAA Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies’ pages where you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from companies.
While the Site does not currently respond to ‘Do Not Track’ signals submitted by your browser, you can opt out of any of the Advertising Cookies at any time by simply visiting http://www.reachlocal.com/opt-out to adjust your preferences on placement of Advertising Cookies currently used in connection with ReachLocal’s remarketing product. You can also find out more about your ‘Do Not Track’ options by visiting http://www.allaboutDNT.com.
Does This Policy Apply to Other Websites Linked To Or From the Site?
Do We Collect Information From Children Under the Age of 13?
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and Simply Residential does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from such children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information from our database.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information we process and maintain. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
This Policy and the privacy practices of Simply Residential will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of New York in the United States. Simply Residential makes no representation that this Policy and our practices comply with the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Users of the Site who reside outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you reside outside of the United States, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer, processing, and use of your information outside of your country.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at 100 Frank Rd, Hicksville, NY 11801, or call us at 516-605-0052.
Privacy and Do Not Call Policy
Simply Residential LLC takes its responsibilities about customer information and customer service very seriously. In support of this commitment, Simply Residential LLC has adopted the following Do Not Call Policy.
No employee or agent of Simply Residential LLC shall engage in telemarketing practices that violate the terms of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the FTC Telephone Sales Rule, or state law or regulation.
Simply Residential LLC maintains a record of the name and telephone number for consumers who do not wish to be called. If you don’t want to receive sales calls from Simply Residential LLC, just ask us to place your name on our Do Not Call List. We will note your request immediately, and will remove your information from active lists within 30 days.
You can make your request in writing by mailing us at 100 Frank Road, Hicksville, NY 11801 or by phone by calling 516-605-0052. When you make a request you must include your name, address and telephone number(s) you want to be included on our list. If your information changes, please notify us of the new name, address, and telephone number(s) in order to remain on our Do Not Call List. If you would like us to remove you from our Do Not Call List in order to receive our telephone solicitations, notify us by contacting us at the above address or telephone number.
All Simply Residential LLC personnel involved with telemarketing and/or telephone solicitation for Simply Residential LLC are
trained, informed, and directed to comply with the Simply Residential LLC Do Not Call Policy. Upon request, Simply Residential LLC will provide its Do Not Call policy.
Thank you for your interest in our Privacy and Do Not Call Policies.
Please be aware that by entering your information into our website, you authorize Simply Residential LLC to communicate with you (call you) on the land-line or mobile number you provided.
You understand that Simply Residential LLC may use email, telephone or text, including the use of auto-dialed and/or prerecorded calls or messages to the telephone number provided. Your consent is not required to purchase products or services. We respect your privacy.
This policy was last modified on December 20th, 2018
- Collection of Data
- We collect personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us.
We collect personal data from you in several different ways on the Site. Personal data means information that can reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, phone number, address, and email address). We collect this personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us (such as when you submit an inquiry). You can choose not to provide the requested data, but you might not be able to take advantage of certain Site features.
- We automatically collect data about your browser or device and your use of the Site.
When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site (your IP address, browser type, the make and model of device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring web page, pages visited, search terms, and other information relating to your use of the Site, browser or device).
We also use various tracking technologies (such as cookies, clear GIFs, and/or pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Cookies are small bits of information that may be placed on your computer by websites you visit, applications you use, or advertisements you view. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are. Pixel tags generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site. Pixel tags are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser on a particular site.
- Third-parties may also automatically collect data about you.
Some embedded content on the Site may be served by third-party content providers. Please note that these
- Our “Do Not Track” (DNT) Policy
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or similar mechanism transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about browser tracking signals and DNT, please visit http:// allaboutdnt.org.
- Use of Collected Data
We collect and use the types of data described above to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We may use the data to:
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you volunteered the data (e.g., to respond to an inquiry, etc.);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site, our products, or services;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (e.g., troubleshooting technical programs, storing your preferences, etc.);
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from arrangements between you and us; and
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
Additionally, we may use the data for marketing purposes to:
- Provide you with additional information regarding products and services from Simply Residential, its affiliated companies, or from others that may be of interest to you via email, text message, or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences).
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under the following lawful basis:
- Processing necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
- Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Embedded Content
- How We Share Data
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your data collected on this Site with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Business Transfer. In the event that Simply Residential undergoes a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of its assets, your data will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Your Rights under the GDPR
If you are accessing the Site from the European Economic Area, which includes the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to restrict use of your personal data
- Right to personal data portability
- Right to object to the processing of your personal
If you wish to exercise any of these rights under the GDPR, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address below with such request. We will respond to any requests without undue delay and no later than one-month after receipt of your request.
- Opting-Out of Data Use or Withdrawing Consent
As described above, we collect personal data about you when you voluntarily provide it to us and collect other data about you and your use of the Site automatically when you interact with us. If you do not want us to use your collected data as described above, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to permit us to process your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address below with such request.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from Simply Residential, you can opt-out from receiving such messages in the future by following the instructions in the message or contacting us at email@example.com
You may remove certain tracking technologies and opt-out of online behavioral advertising messaging by using the opt-out tools available from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA Opt-Out Tool) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI Opt-Out Tools). Please note that these opt-out tools are device and browser specific, so you must repeat the opt-out from each of your browsers and devices.
You may also adjust your advertising preferences on various social media websites by adjusting your settings on the platform (for example, you may adjust the types of Facebook ads you receive HERE).
- Protection and Retention of Data
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the
risk and to safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
- Do Not Call Policy
Simply Residential LLC takes its responsibilities about customer information and customer service very seriously. In support of this commitment, Simply Residential LLC has adopted the following Do Not Call Policy. No employee or agent of Simply Residential LLC shall engage in telemarketing practices that violate the terms of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the FTC Telephone Sales Rule, or state law or regulation. Simply Residential LLC maintains a record
of the name and telephone number for consumers who do not wish to be called. If you don’t want to receive sales calls from Simply Residential LLC, just ask us to place your name on our Do Not Call List. We will note your request immediately, and will remove your information from active lists ASAP.You can make your request in writing by mailing us at 100 Frank Road, Hicksville, NY 11801 or by phone by calling
516-605-0052. When you make a request you must include your name, address and telephone number(s) you want to be included on our list. If your information changes, please notify us of the new name, address, and telephone number(s) in order to remain on our Do Not Call List. If you would like us to remove you from our Do Not Call List in order to receive our telephone solicitations, notify us by contacting us at the above address or telephone number. All Simply Residential LLC personnel involved with telemarketing and/or telephone solicitation for Simply Residential LLC are trained, informed, and directed to comply with the Simply Residential LLC Do Not Call Policy. Upon request, Simply Residential LLC will provide its Do Not Call policy.
- TCPA Compliance Policy
Please be aware that by entering your information into our website, you authorize Simply Residential LLC to communicate with you (call you) on the land-line or mobile number you provided. You understand that Simply Residential LLC may use email, telephone or text, including the use of auto-dialed and/or prerecorded calls or messages to the telephone number provided. Your consent is not required to purchase products or services. We respect your privacy.
- Children and Parents
By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal data by Simply Residential, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, to a third-party for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Simply Residential, LLC
100 Frank Road
Hicksville, NY 11801
- Data Controller
The data controller for the personal data that you provide or that is collected by Simply Residential is Simply Residential LLC, 100 Frank Road, Hicksville, NY 11081
- Contact Us
Simply Residential, LLC
100 Frank Road
Hicksville, NY 11801